P12X’S COVID19 PLAN
Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P12X is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
The New York City Department of Education's Website also has important information and resources for you.
Last updated: September 10, 2020
10/7/2020 Please click here to learn about the Department of education's COVID testing program
9/18/2020 Please see this letter regarding the change to the reopening of schools from the Chancellor: Update for Families Staggered Start Reopening September 18 2020.doc
P12X's Monthly Blended Learning Schedules:
Student Cohorts and Sample Student Schedules
In conjunction with our Students' families and staff members P12X has decided to choose Scheduling Model 4. Model 4 comprises of the following:
- This model assumes that a school can serve at any given time at least half of students who choose in-person learning.
- In this model, there are either two or three in-person student groups, and one fully remote student group.
- This model has students in school every other week, with a potential for some groups to be in-person five days a week every week dependent on student need.
- Students will receive in-person instruction for five days every other week. An optional third group will receive in-person instruction every week in-person.
- Students whose families choose fully remote learning will receive remote instruction every day.
Based on the NYC Department of Education's Learning Preference survey that P12X families filled out, P12X students have been broken up into 3 separate groups. Group A, Group B, and GroupD.
- Students placed within Group A and B comprises of students whose families choose a combination of in-person learning and remote learning.
- Students placed within Group D comprises of students whose families choose fully remote learning will receive remote instruction every day.
Students within Group A will be coming to school for in-Person learning Starting on September 21st and will attend school for the duration of that week. At this time Group B will be learning remotely. The next week Group B will be coming into school for in-person learning and Group A will learn remotely. Group D will continue to learn remotely throughout this time. Please a sample group schedule below:
|Group||Group A||Group A||Group A||Group A|
|Group B||Group B||Group B||Group B||Group B|
**Group D is fully remote Monday - Friday
Procedures for Visitors
Please be aware that there are new procedures for visiting the school. Please note that you must call the school at 718-409-9040 to make an appointment first. In addition, prior to coming for your appointment you must fill out a health screening form. Upon arrival please provide the confirmation sent to your email. In addition your temperature will be checked.
The health screening form can be filled out online here: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
You may print out a copy of this form, and bring it with you to your appointment. DOE_Health_Screening_Questionnaire_090420 (1).doc
Please remember to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing procedures while in the building.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please contact our programmer Owen McCormack or Chartarra Yelverton:
2555 Tratman Ave Bronx NY
*You can also connect with your teachers directly using the Staff Directory .