P12X’S COVID19 PLAN
Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P12X is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
The New York City Department of Education's Website also has important information and resources for you.
Information about Home Rapid Test Kits
Beginning January 3, schools will distribute free, take-home COVID-19 rapid test kits to any student (in grades kindergarten or higher) or any staff who exhibit COVID-like symptoms or have been in a classroom where a positive case has been identified.
- If your child was exposed to COVID-19 at school, please help your child take the first test on the day they receive the home test and help your child take the second test five days after exposure or at the first indication of symptoms.
- Your child may continue to attend school as long as your child receives negative test results and does not experience any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If your child has COVID-like symptoms or feels ill before the fifth day, please have your child isolate and take the second home test immediately.
- If your child tests positive on either home test, your child must isolate for 10 days following the first positive result. Please contact your child’s school immediately to inform them and for further guidance.
If your child had symptoms of COVID-19 at school, please help your child take the first test immediately and help your child take the second test 24 hours later. Additionally, beginning January 10, schools with 3-K and Pre-K programs will distribute these take home kits to any 3-K or Pre-K student who exhibits COVID-like symptoms.
- Your child may not attend school until they receive negative results on both of these home tests taken within 24 hours of each other and have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication OR if your child receives a negative test result from a PCR COVID test.
- If your child tests positive on either home test, your child must isolate for 10 days following the first positive result. Please contact your child’s school immediately and report the test results.
- Any student who tests positive on a take-home test should immediately report it to the school and begin isolating. Students who test positive must isolate for 10 days and can return to school on Day 11. No negative test is required to return to school.
Please note that students who have recovered from a confirmed case of COVID within the past 90 days should not receive at-home test kits following exposure.
As a reminder, all students, staff and visitors must pass the DOE health screener in order to enter school buildings. Additional questions will be added to the health screeners for those students and staff who receive at-home rapid test kits to share their negative result. No other proof of a negative result is required in order for these students to enter the school building.
Home Rapid Test Kit Instructions:
Procedures for Visitors
Please be aware that there are new procedures for visiting the school. Please note that you must call the school at 718-409-9040 to make an appointment first. In addition, prior to coming for your appointment you must fill out a health screening form. Upon arrival please provide the confirmation sent to your email. In addition your temperature will be checked.
The health screening form can be filled out online here: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
You may print out a copy of this form, and bring it with you to your appointment. DOE_Health_Screening_Questionnaire_090420 (1).doc
Please remember to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing procedures while in the building.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please contact our programmer Owen McCormack, or our Pupil Accounting Secretary Ms. Chartarra Yelverton:
2555 Tratman Ave Bronx NY
*You can also connect with your teachers directly using the Staff Directory .